Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wall of technology


I was thinking today about the sheer scale of distractions that some of us have around us. Mobile phones that are omnipresent on peoples selves, facebook, myspace, blogs, email, youtube. Each one of these numbers us, and can be used to identify us.
Not that I care anymore. I am sick of the paranoia, so tired of the edge that your mind sits on with that mindset. i know what 'they' know, and y'know what, fuck it.
But i am wondering if anyone ever goes down to the park/library/main street/pub/cafe and just hangs out till they bump into a friend (or a stranger) and spend their time a bit more randomly. Does it seem that our time is planned out more and more?
Of course we now have the luxury (or techno-curse) of calling our friends if we are going to be late meeting them. In the 'old days' (the 1990s) we had to be on time or else our friends would be pissed at us or they'd fuck off and have fun.
These days I am even reminded of what I have RSVP'd to on facebook and I know which of my friends are going too. Im finally understanding why those paranoid government ads/parents groups say that social networking sites are a stalkers paradise (cue scary A Current Affair music).
Thats four (4) sets of brackets in two parargraphs. Am I a man of afterthoughts? At least I know what my barcode is...

1 comment:

richardwatts said...

Welcome to the blogosphere Mr Lego! *huggles*